Friday, February 1, 2008

Long Lost Dream Coming Back to Life.....!!

28th January, started like any ordinary day... College at 9, IT classes n then off with my mum to shop for ma czons wedding... the day din't seem very special or extra ordinary.. But while i was out shopping, looking for saris for my mom, there was a couple with their 1 yr old baby girl... The couple was busy going thru saris n soo the baby was getting neglected n so was a lil cranky... I have been one kids-loving freak!! I just love babies n small children like crazy!! n evrytime i see one, it make me wanna spend time n play with them all day long... Similar wishes arose when i saw this cute baby!! She had such chubby n soft cheeks n her smile was soo aaaawwwww!!!
I told my mom dat i wish i could play with the baby! She said the parents would be more than happy coz then they could fully concentrate on shoppin!! soo I just walked up to the lady n asked if i could play wid their daughter!! the mother was initially taken aback but then realizing my enthusiasm and sheer glee she decided to give the baby to me to play for a while!! the next half an hour cant be described in words.... The baby was just soo adorable.. incase ur wondering y im caling her 'baby' n not by her name..she had not been given a name till now!! She had the most gigliest smile, n everytime i looked at her she would start nodding hr head as if agreeing with sumtin im saying!! I tickled her, played hide n seek by covering her eyes with my hand, n ol sorts of antics I could think of... Anything I did made her smile n laugh... I thought to maself, I must be having some kind of a connection with kids coz kids have always smiled n laughed in my company!! Since childhood I always wanted to open my own creche or do something around kids... N again that dream came back to remind me of my immesnse love for kids!!

That very night I saw Taare Zameen Par which sort of ignited that spark in me, telling me to do something for children with disabilities.. I have seen that I have patience and the will to deal with small kids n if i can club that with my passion to help people then surely i can do something worthwhile!! Just a day before there had been a workshop in colg about children with disabilities.. The guests from a few NGOs looking after this cause were soo passionate about what they were doing to help such children! I felt I had been so insensitive and indifferent towards these children. I knew they are very much like us, needing just love and care like we all do..
This shows how much a movie can inspire someone!! Certainly Aamir Khan would be proud to hear that after seing his film I have made it a point to help such children!
I just hope this new ray of light really does direct me to my 'Real Calling in Life'

1 comment:

Rozita Singh said...

Even i luv lil kids nd babies!awww they r cuties.......
its great that u feel for issues but do act 2!