Saturday, February 23, 2008

~ ~ Highlight of the last 2 Months ~ ~

Its going to be exactly two months since when i decided to tackle my over- weight problem. No it wasnt the first time in ma 8 years of being overweight that I thought of doing something about it. But i guess the difference bewtween all the past attempts and this one is that this time I seem far more resolute and finally it came from within. Till now it used to be my Mom putting in all the hardwork to try and make me follow some means to lose weight.. But others always said "its ok, she'll lose weight when she really wants to!!" N i guess they were right.. This time it really did come from within me... I had had enough of this freakingg problem.. Though everyone made me feel it was not a big one but still somewhere it did pose many chain problems and effects.. like those of lack of confidence, poor self image and the likes... The biggest reason for ma extra pounds was that i was a very lazy kid.. i hated to excercise n ma Mom used to try all tactics to drag me outa da house but I used to be one indoor freak!! I finally joined the gym on 25th Dec, Christmas!! But the most mportant motivating factor was that i wasn't the only one trying but my best friend was wanting to lose weight too.. I finally had someone my age trying to tackle the same problem along with me... It sounds all perfect.. v both are like each other's inspiration.. !! For the 2 months v hav followd a very rigorous routine by gyming 5-6 times a week for approx 2- 3hrs a day, comprising of all forms of work outs like cardios, weight training n evrytin one can think of. Looking back at these two months.. its been one hella va ride!! many ups n downs- emotionally!! our trainer calling us the most hard working people in the gym is one of the ups but the most crucial one is that I have kind of got addicted to working out!! If one day I dont go to the gym I feel im missing sumtin!! My mom has done it all her time and this was one feeling she always used to tell me about.. Initaially it can be tough but as she put it one has 'push ourself over the hump' n that is what has happened.. But the low was that I havnt lost a single kg. agreed that theres this spring in ma steps bt still i would certainly want some visible changes.. just a week bak I was at ma all time low in the last two months... it was coz hadt lost a single kg but only an inch from evrywhere!! my mom too had been a lil worried seing that even though all the hardwork we had put in v dint seem to show any chnges... soo i sure did need some pep talk.. generally im a very positive person n if im ever depressd then at takes me just a few hours to get over it n cheer maself up!! Thats what happened this time too... but this time it were the books 'Dicover your Destiny ' & 'The Monk who Sold His Ferrari' that did the trick :).
Below are the two pieces from each of the book that really inspired me:

" You are far greater than you have ever dreamed of being. And no matter what you are experiencing in life right now, trust that all is good and unfolding in your best interests. It may not look pretty, but it is exactly what you need to learn for you to grow into the person you have been destined to become. Everything occuring in your life has been perfectly orchestrated to inspire your maximal evolution as a human being and bring you into your true power. Learn from life and allow it to take you where you are meant to go - it has your highest interests in mind"
- 'Discover your Destiny' by Robin Sharma

I totally believe in God n the fact that there is someone looking after me from up there n that evrytin is really happening for the best!! soo after reading this i thought of just putting in my best n not worrying about the end coz whatever has to happen, will, weneva it has to... :)

The second clipping is:

"Sure I am that this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond my endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied to us"
- Winstn churchill quoted in 'Monk who sold his Ferrari'
These lines were more than enough to charge maself with invigorating energy and a zest to continue until 'victory is achieved' !!!
Now Im back to ma putting in ma best n just freaking out in the gym by kicking ma big fat ass!! Its actually fun pushing yourself harder n harder n just dreaming of that end that I have always wanted but its now that Im really doing something worthwhile towards achieveing it!!


4 comments:

Rozita Singh said...

That was a nice 'true' life xperience u shared!nd m so proud of u that u dint give up!it will definitely take time but u will achieve ur target!m sure!
Best of luck nd yeah those quotes were indeed inspirational......

Praniti said...

Junie baby! :D

Together we can! and we will! :)

i promise you and myself :)

(ps: i haven't even lost 1 inch from everywhere :( .. lol :| )


-Senie :P

undiscovered61 said...

heeyy thnxx to bth of u .. :) frndz like u n im sure il get there soon :)lovee u bth :)

Praniti said...

WE will get there soon madam! :)

love you too :)